This beautiful 12th century wheeled cross is a partial cross lying about 100 metres away to the west of the Bodan cross.
The large head of this 2nd cross lies beside the socket on which it may have stood. The head is broken diagonally at the top of the presumed shaft. The shaft is missing.
One broken arm with its roundel carving was found in the early 1980’s and lies within the nearby 17th-century church ruin. At 1.36 metres wide including arms this cross would have been a substantial size.
It features 5 roundels carved with intricate Celtic patterns, still visible in the photo taken by Mabel Colhoun in the 1940’s though harder to make out today.
The other face of the cross has similar carving with design differences in the roundels.
For our version of this cross, the missing shaft has been added, the proportions of other existing high crosses have been referenced for scale. The roundel details from both sides of the cross have been used.